We offer exciting technology that will save you time and money with convenience and comfort!
CEREC has revolutionised the way our practice can deliver treatment to our patients.
This high-tech equipment allows us to restore damaged teeth and replace missing teeth in a single visit.
Top 10 Advantages of CEREC Crowns
1. Single appointment, just over an hour for a crown.
2. No need to wear a plastic temporary tooth for 2 weeks nor to return for a fitting.
3. Faster, more comfortable procedure in the mouth. Because we don’t take molds or make temporaries, you only spend half the time in the chair!
4. Accurate fit. Because the impression is digital, there is no distortion inherent in traditional impression methods.
5. Dentist-designed from start to finish. By the professional in the best position to assess your bite, speech, cosmetic and functonal requirements
6. Bonding results in long term Stability and strength. We can reliably chemical bond to cerec porcelains and to the underlying tooth.
7. Cost effective. Because they are not affected by the price of gold and technicians wages, they can often be considerably cheaper than PFM or gold crowns.
8. Aesthetics. As there is no metal, the ceramic has a beautiful, realistic colour and blends in seamlessly with the remaining tooth, eliminating the black line join problem often seen with pfm crowns.
9. Healthy gums. Gum tissue is a lot happier around porcelain than metal, and with routine oral hygiene looks pink, firm and healthy, and attractive.
10. Easy repair. Any system can have a few faliures. With cerec, though, if the unmentionable should happen, we dont have to go back to the drawing board. Often bonded repairs can be done in the mouth, or a duplicate crown can be made at the press of a button, as the design is permanently stored in the cerec unit, with minimum fuss to the patient.
How Does Cerec Work?
First, we take a pin sharp optical impression of the tooth using a special infra red camera.
Computer Aided Design Technology helps us design the restoration from the optical impression. You can actually watch us design your new restoration on a full colour computer monitor right before your eyes!
The CEREC milling machine then creates an extremely precise restoration.
Two high-speed robotically controlled diamond burrs work simultaneously to mill the restoration out of a solid block of densely pressed ceramic or zirconia material. Finally we bond the newly milled restoration to the tooth using state-of-the-art adhesive dentistry.
Decades of clinical research and many millions of successful restorations worldwide supports the reliability of CEREC technology.
You will see beautiful results in just one visit.